EFFECTIVE DATE: DECEMBER 6, 2019
personal information we collect
When you access or contact us through the Site, we will collect your Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information that can reasonably be used to identify or locate you. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, username and password, phone number, and IP address;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history;
- Geolocation data; and
- Your preferences, interests, and other information you may provide.
We may collect your Personal Information through your direct interactions with us, such as if you sign up for our newsletter or email a question or comment. We also collect your Personal information through our use of tracking technologies (such as cookies and web beacons) and from third parties, such as social media platform providers when you connect with us through your social media account.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information for the purposes of providing and promoting the services we offer. This includes, for example, responding to your questions or comments, administering a contest or other promotional feature, fulfilling your requests, and providing you with important information about functionality changes to Site, new services and offers we think you would find valuable.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances, including the following:
- With service providers – We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing and distributing communications, or responding to inquiries.
- With business partners – We may share your Personal Information with sport event organizers, brands, and other companies that provide products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
- On blogs, online postings, and testimonials – In certain circumstances, you may have the ability to share comments, testimonials, and other postings in public forums. If you choose to participate in these public forums, your Personal information may be available to the general public.
- In a business transition – In the event that TopSports, or any portion of our assets, are acquired, we may share your Personal Information with the acquiring company.
- To protect our rights – We reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of TopSports, or another person.
- As required by law or in response to a legal process – We may disclose information about you to law enforcement or in response to a legal process if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. This also includes sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
You may set your Internet web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent. If you prevent a cookie from being sent, you may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit the Site. To opt out of tailored ads, visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Currently, our systems recognize and take steps to honor your browser’s “do-not-track” or DNT signals.
AGGREGATE & NON-IDENTIFIABLE DATA
We reserve the right to use aggregated, non-identifiable, and statistical data (“Aggregated Data”) that we can derive from the operation of the Site and related services we provide.
RETENTION & DISPOSAL
We retain Personal Information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for legitimate business reasons, or as legally required. When we dispose of Personal Information, we aim to use secure means, such as either physically or electronically erasing the Personal Information or making it anonymous in a non-recoverable manner.
Our Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13 years of age through the Site.
We implement reasonable security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information we collect. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you use caution when sharing your Personal Information with us electronically, especially if such information is sensitive or confidential.
YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
You have the following rights and choices with regard to the Personal Information we collect about you:
- Correcting your Personal Information – We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. If our Site does not permit you to update or correct certain Personal Information, you may contact us at the address described below to ask us to rectify information that you think is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Opting out of marketing emails – You always have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out of the marketing and promotional emails we send you. To do so, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of the marketing emails you received from us.
- Opting out of Google Analytics – You can opt out of Google Analytics by following the instructions provided at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We respond to requests within the time limit set out by the applicable privacy legislation and, if applicable, provide you with an estimate of the cost associated with administering and responding to the request. We may require additional information to authenticate requests for access.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California civil code section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the information in the CONTACT US section below. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year, and we reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the email or mailing addresses specified below.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
Our Site may provide hyperlinks that, when clicked, take you to a third-party website that we do not own or control. These hyperlinked third-party websites may collect your Personal Information. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these websites, nor are we responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure. It is also possible that third parties’ websites or emails may link to our website.
TopSports Media LLC email@example.com